Zucchini and onion fritters with roast garlic mayonnaise
Preparation time 30 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
- 3 Zucchinis
- 1 Onion
- 30g Plain flour
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- olive oil for cooking
- handful rocket leaves
- roasted garlic mayonnaise
- Coarsely grate the zucchinis, then squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Peel and finely slice the onion and place in a bowl with the flour, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the batter to rest.
- Coarsely grate the zucchinins
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Drop large dessert spoons of the mix into the fry pan, flatten and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden. Drain on paper towel.
- To serve, toss the rocket in some mayonnaise and stack the fritters with a little salad in between each layer.
- Drizzle over a little more of the mayonnaise to finish.
- Roasted garlic mayonnaise 1 head garlic, olive oil, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, 10ml white wine vinegar, 50ml vegetable oil, 50ml olive oil, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Coat the head of garlic in oil, wrap in foil and roast in a hot oven for 20-30 minutes. When cool unwrap the foil and squeeze out the roast garlic puree from the skins. Place the puree in the bowl of a food processor with the egg, egg yolk and vinegar. Mix to combine. With blades running slowly drizzle in the oils until sauce comes together. Season with salt and pepper.
Email recipe to your friends
| Share on Facebook