Steggles Chicken & Sweet Corn Soup
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vegetable or canola oil
- 100g bacon shortcuts, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced, plus extra to serve
- 420g can creamed corn
- 2 cups chicken consomme (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1½ to 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, skin removed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Heat oil in a large heavy based saucepan or flameproof casserole dish. Add bacon and green onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add creamed corn, consomme, water, ginger and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low. Add chicken and stir to heat through.
- Turn of heat. Add egg and whisk until slightly thickened. Serve garnished with extra shallots.
Email recipe to your friends
| Share on Facebook