Seared Pork with Caper and Lemon Butter Sauce
Preparation time 15 - 20 minutes
Cooking time 8 - 10 min
- 4 pork cutlets, steaks or chops
- 100g Western Star Original Butter
- olive oil, for drizzling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons baby capers
- rind and juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- creamy mashed potato, for serving
- 1. Season pork to taste on both sides. Heat 20g butter and a drizzle of oil in a non stick frypan over medium-high heat and cook pork until done to your liking. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Add garlic, capers, lemon rind and juice to pan, swirl and scrape to dislodge any caramelised juices. Add parsley and remaining butter, swirl again while butter melts to form a silky sauce.
- 3. Serve pork on a bed of creamy mashed potato, drizzled with butter sauce.
Email recipe to your friends
| Share on Facebook