Pea, Bacon and Ricotta Alfredo
Preparation time 5 min
Cooking time 15 min
- 500g farfalle pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g tub of Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta
- ¾ cup Perfect Italiano ™ Parmesan, grated
- ½ cup Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 3 rashers lean short cut bacon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a medium sized frying pan over a medium high heat. Add the bacon and fry until very crispy. Once the bacon is cooked, remove from the pan and drain onto some kitchen paper. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. If using fresh peas, add the peas about 3 minutes before the pasta has finished cooking. If using frozen peas, add the peas about 1 minute before.
- While the pasta is cooking, lightly stir the Perfect Italiano™ Ricotta in a bowl, breaking up any curds. Add ½ a cup of Perfect Italiano ™ Parmesan to the mixture, and season with black pepper.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and peas, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking water. Place the pasta and peas back into the pot. Stir a little of the warm pasta water into the Ricotta mixture. Add the mixture to the pasta and toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a sprinkling of the bacon, chives and remaining Parmesan
Email recipe to your friends
| Share on Facebook