Lilydale Spicy Korean Chicken with Cucumber salad
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 500gm Lilydale Free Range Chicken tenderloins
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped + 1, thinly sliced, for salad
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 Tblsp cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup Korean hot pepper paste (gochujang - available at Asian grocers or substitute with 2 Tblsp chilli paste)
- 2 Tblsp brown sugar
- 2 Tblsp honey
- 1 Tblsp sesame oil
- 2 Tblsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tblsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- Brown rice, butter lettuce leaves, and green onions, thinly sliced, to serve
- For the marinade, place the onions, garlic, soy, hot pepper paste, sugar, honey, oil and half the rice wine vinegar in a small food processor. Blend until combined. Season. Reserve 2 Tblsp marinade, to serve. Place the chicken in a large snaplock bag and pour over remaining marinade. Toss to coat and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cucumber, chilli, green onions and coriander in a medium bowl. Combine remaining rice wine vinegar with sugar and drizzle over vegetables, Toss to coat and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Heat a lightly oiled char-grill pan over medium heat and cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes, turning regularly, or until cooked through.
- Serve chicken with cucumber salad, brown rice, lettuce and reserved marinade. Sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and extra green onion, if desired.
Email recipe to your friends
| Share on Facebook